Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Unforgotten

Mum, why do you send me to school?
a place i hardly know.
From the cocoon of your love,
it will be difficult for me to go
And write a future
into the world unknown.

But with heavy sighs and heavy cries
I was sent to make new friends.
And friends I did make,
OH! the future took shape.

Laughing and giggling the time flew by
Carefree, as I was, I realized,
Growing up could never be fun,
Without those lectures and those bunks

The nights were spent studying in hell
And the mornings followed listening to teachers yell,
Libraries were for reading faces,
Hours of detention after classes,
Man it will never return, will it?

With secrets prevalently kept
And firdt love love all abrest
Started the new phase of life amid friends
We got closer
Thought we understood the future.
Together it was fun
And time flew by with a pun.

It was then,
The call of separation finally ordained.
With tears of sorry we finally affianced,
When i said,
MUM! thanks for sending me to school
A place where my heart is there.

8 comments:

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

Lovely poem!

:-)

- Sugar Cube - said...

Cool !

Sylvius the Seeker said...

Hey! I didn't know you wrote poetry.:P

A nice piece I must acknowledge. What's about these affiances and all eh? :D

Sylvius

http://theseekerlurks.blogspot.com

DONNA said...

@manivannan
thanx fr being so sweet!!!:)
keep winking!!! stay cool!!!

DONNA said...

@ sygar cube!!!!
AHM AHm!!! juz cool??? :X... dun stop urself frm expressing gurl!!!! :P

DONNA said...

oops *SUGAR cube*

@ sylvius... (wow i actully spelt dat 1 right fr the first time)
now vnt u read my previous poems??? i mean 'serenade' and 'who am i'??? then how didnt u actully know dat i wrote poetries!!!! (allrite take it with a pinch of sugar)!!!

but ways im happy u liked it!!! and abut affiances and all.. shhhhh its a secret!! :P :D!!

Karan said...

nice 1...sums up the journey brilliantly...

great work!!

DONNA said...

@ karan!!

hey did u juz praise my work...????

OMG!!! thanx a lot buddy!! keep viiting!!
chao!!!!!