Sunday, September 6, 2009

a FRIEND that was

Now that you are gone,
Why do you have to sill come back
silently in my dreams.
Now that you are gone
Why do you have to still wake me up
with a quite scream.

We were friends,
Oh! don't you remember.
It was us that made the world,
till there were sparks of ember.

I never wanted you to go,
It has killed me within.
Though I breath for myself now,
But its to you that I owe my being.

It was you,
It was me,
Just us it was all about.

Then what was it that went wrong?
Why did I think of us going all along?
Why had I tendered the seeds of friendship,
never knowing they had thorns.

You are gone
gone for ever.
Then why do you have to still come back
silently in my dreams
and wake me up with a quiet scream!

9 comments:

Yash said...

Hmmm.. You seem to be improving with every post.. nicely done.. simple but beautiful use of words.. awesome writing style.. actually a comment from non-poet like me is an insult to u.. keep it up..

DONNA said...

eyah!!! im still schoked!! u winking on me!!! :O :P

haha thanx though!!
glad dat u liked it!!! and yah.. all kinna comments are accepted.. n i dont believe ur a non poet.. read ur work man!!!

- Sugar Cube - said...

Lovely!
You finally found the perfect end for it.
I specially loved this line -
Why had I tendered the seeds of friendship,
never knowing they had thorns.

DONNA said...

hooh!! well u juz triggered my thinking!!! thanx enough!!!

i love dat particular line myself!!! too true ad ironical in my life!!!

Unknown said...

Lovely and warm! The poem seems to grow by itself, from within and without. The words are simple yet it conceals an elegance. Growth and concealment, recon thats what good poetry is all about!

P.S. One line that strikes me for its great imagery,

"It was us that made the world,
till there were sparks of ember."

http://precious-melancholia.blogspot.com

Sylvius the Seeker said...

Sutures of time take their own course. Grief of separation mollifies. The scar remains.

Your poem emanates truth, and depth. :P

Sylvius
http://theseekerlurks.blogspot.com

deeps said...

i m not sure, but i get a feeling that there is a wave of sorrow... a touch of gloom in those lines despite the fact that its well xpressd

Vishwanath Seshadri said...

What a nice poem !! Reminded me of some stuff that I used to dabble in when I was much younger and having similar emotions.. You are a wonderful poet and I am glad I visited your site.

cheers

DONNA said...

@ arnav!!! thanx buddy!!!!!

@sylvius!!!! lolss!! u know abut scars and all beter dan me!!! :P :P :P

@ deeps!!!
well this ones dedicated to my parted friend!!! the mood which set me writing this was very gloomy!! hence few negative wibes!!!! :) cheers boy!! keep visiting!!!!

@ Vishwanath!!! im glad u visited ma blog!! hope to see more of u around!! thanx buddy!!!!