Wednesday, March 18, 2009

CONTRAST

OPPOSITES ATTRACT..


My physics teacher taught this to me. The idea of opposites struck to me so cool that i started enjoying its presence in my life. And so from the experiments of the kissing magnets in the laboratory i started my so called phase of CONTRASTER.


The power of the opposites slowly became quite evident in my life. Every happening of my life bought with it an essence of the "contrasts". And soon as i learnt to join the links of my life, i saw myself clutched between right and wrong, trust and betrayal, love and hatred, maturity and foolishness, friends and foes....


so much for the love of science!!!!!


Earlier it dint seem to be of any trouble. On the contrary i enjoyed linking my life with the most famous phrase in the world of Science. I would dodge between the opposites to bring in that adventurous feeling in my life. But slowly with the lapse of time....the literary meaning of CONTRAST dawned on my life. The velocity of the opposites got more strong, and i got sucked deeper and deeper in the mesh.

Life became, well what can i say, cruel happening ever happened to me. There were nights when I would sit and cry, deprived of love and there would be nights when i would cry thinking why people loved me so much. 'Contrast' that's what I have always experienced.

When life gives you something, it also offers with it a hidden option which, no doubt, is the total contrast of the first. And at times (in my case, most times) this 'hidden option' railroads you in such a way that you are left with only one option of DO OR DIE cause the stakes on each side are very risky. This turn in someones life is generally termed as DILEMMA by most grown-up. But I call it MY LIFE.
Now that might bring some morbid thoughts into your mind about me!!!! But thats the way my life is.
well Now.. NOW.. that i have declared my thesis on the opposites openly, I was told by the grown-up that to understand life, I must have a straight mind. But what they actully ment was that 'I am confused'. Well then confused it is!!!!
Right from choosing the clothes to be worn to choosing the right friend, i have to saught out my mind over a thousands of contrasting questions which unwantedly arise in my mind. Will my decision be accepted by my parents? will my friends understand me or not?? Is it mature or foolish? Is it the right or wrong? Will it help me gain trust or betrayal? WIll I make my loved ones happy or sad?
whow!! confused.. or rather screwed, I might sound. A rather apt word would be 'CONTRASTER'
18 yrs of my life, I have battled between the contrasts to understand life and the ones I love. I wish to keep on the struggel and cherish a hope that I reach the phase I call 'grown-up'.

P.S. my answers to every contrast question have helped me learn a worhtwhile leson

10 comments:

- Sugar Cube - said...

Welcome back :)
Umm interesting topic but honestly I cannot make myself think of this one specially because what works for me is the Law Of Attraction ( Read The Secret )
Contrast is a part of life , no doubt ..where this is day , there's night ..its about knowing how to get out of the negative that makes all the difference!

Oh btw trouble with choosing what to wear ?? Ask me! loll..everybody goes through that :P Dont worry you are just as normal ;)

DONNA said...

well well abut getting the positive answer.. u see at times we are right and at times we are wrong.. getting the right option dsnt make u as much happy as getting sullen on choosing the wrong answer... dats wat i feel... n yah dat dose amke a difference!!!

n man thanx nw i do feel a bit better knowing dat there are more ppl who get pissed choosing the right dress to wear!!!!

Sylvius the Seeker said...

Hmm..you made me think..

ДķşħΔц said...

hmm mayb u dn ave to ask urself al da qs u did atlast
da decision u make is all ur to make
if u feel its da right 1 den all da ppl whom u mentiond rite der wud defiantly support u no matr wad

DONNA said...

@Akshay!!!
speak english will u man!!!
well actully wat you say is rite!!! i shouldnt be worrying about so many questins!! but yarrr they are involuntary reactions!! juz like the nuro-muscular reaction!!!!

Yash said...

So finally after so much of threatening, here I'm putting up my comments, on a gunshot. lol!! Anyway... Frankly, I’m myself a great believer in the theory of contrasts. Take for example any two best friends, it’s more likely that they will be opposite of each other than being similar. Even the best life partners who work out are the ones who are complementary to each other… One acts where the other fails. But u shud not always try to experience it. It’s the nature’s very basic law. It will work automatically. Never stress yourself thinking whether its working on the rule of opposites or not. That will just confuse u. Go by your instinct.. ;) [there goes your wink]

DONNA said...

@ yash!!!
At last... U give me a wink..
And thanx for believing in the theory of contrasts!!! There are very few I've met with who believe in this theory of contrasts.
For me its been for ever and will be for always that the opposites will mae the best team ever...

But it does seem that ive gotten myself a wea bit too plunged into this phase of my life!! but im not regretting it... this phase has helped me sharpen my instincts and helped me to learn the most difficult lessons of life..!! well thats the main reason why I made this to be the topic of my first post!!!
ANd thanx fr the lill advise!!!

Karan said...

every coin has 2 sides...so does life...to get along with life u don't want 2 oppose the way of life... u need 2 think along it..
and sry 2 b the spolsport if u thgt 18yrs gave u contrasts...just wait nd watch!!

DONNA said...

@Karan...
I guess im learning that life does have two sides, and im enjoying experiencing them..though at times it gets the worst of me. But nevertheless its fun going through them.

Vivek Athavale said...

- Your blog is yet to attract comments from a female :-). Wonder why !
- I saw you say in one of your messages asking someone to write in english. I think for that your blog will have to be in english first and not french !!
- What is this donna ??